Thursday 11 February 2010

Yummy mummy hat

I decided that the warmers needed a matching hat and so I made one up. Using the design elements from the yummy mummies I made a few calculations and cast on. the pictures make it look a little oddly shape but on the head it looks quite sweet and fits well, even If I personally prefer a tighter fit to my hats.

I think I will knit another and perhaps record how I made it, as I can't be the only one who would like a hat to match the mitts


Pattern: improvised based on the Yummy Mummy Wristwarmers
Size: one size - mediumish, I will make the next one slightly smaller to hug the head more tightly
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca, Alpaca and Silk 1 Skein (About 1 but I need to re-knit, I used the left overs from the mitts plus some from another skein)
Needles: 2.5mm

No comments: