Monday 12 October 2009

Colour wheel quilt

We had a lovely weekend at Champneys, blissed out in fact. Leo flew home on Monday morning but before she left I gave her the quilt I had sewn for her sons 2nd birthday, she very kindly took some photos in their gorgeous light filled flat when she got home.

The quilt is from last minute patchwork and quilted gifts by Joelle Hoverson, I love this book it makes me want to sew more, however there is nothing last minute about this quilt - it took me a while!

It was my first quilt and I did need some extra tips from Mum but it has inspired me to make something else for another friend but that is remaining a secret for the moment.

Joelle is generally an inspiring kind of girl - check out her other book, which I also enjoyed, I think it may be because of the fantastic photography that makes the items look so beautiful, the knitting patterns themselves are not particularly intriguing or difficult. There is also the regularly updated website, it can be a little weird and random but there are some fun, quick and interesting pieces to inspire.


The quilt recipient does apparently like it, which was the main goal of this project - he's doing a pretty awesome job of naming all the colours and I want to wish him a wonderful day so:
Happy 2nd Birthday Inigo - I hope you enjoy your party!

1 comment:

Squirrel said...

Your quilt is absolutely stunning. I love the colour wheel effect against the pale background. :)